IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced Weld/Assembly Technician in the Abingdon area for our client, who are a manufacturer of parts for various industries through many CNC methods.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- To carry out assembly/welding operations as directed by the Team Leader, or with others who have an input into the job.
- To manufacture, or assist in the manufacture of, any tooling necessary for the production of components.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers to overcome assembly/welding or equipment problems.
- To be totally responsible for the quality of own work.
- To carry out routine and minor maintenance including good housekeeping within the assembly/welding department.
- To inform the Team Leader of any special tools or tooling needed for the production of components as early as possible, so minimizing delays.
- Assist other sections as required.
- To be continually improving efficiency and reducing costs and suggest these to the Team Leader and fellow colleagues.
- To report machine or equipment faults/improvements to the Team Leader.
- At the end of each manufacturing sequence to transfer the items to the next section along with any additional information added to the route card.
- Notify the Team Leader of the need for the next job.
- To ensure that all tools loaned from stores are covered by the personal tags, and replace immediately after use.
- To carry out any other tasks as reasonably requested, including undertaking necessary training and be willing to train others to the best of your ability.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Certified MIG / TIG Welder
- Time served within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Structured and diligent approach to working
- Flexible attitude
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.