Trainee Assistant Manager - (Couple)
IBP Recruitment are looking to fill a Trainee Assistant Manager (couple) role for our client. Our client is an ever expanding brand that has over 200 public houses, some award winning. They pride themselves on offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere, their excellent food and drink means customers look forward to coming back time and time again. This is an excellent opportunity for a couple to develop their skills and move themselves on to the next level. You will benefit from the support of our client's development team, including an area Chef. Our client believes in investing in people so you will also benefit from their in house training facilities.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Leadership: You will have a team that you need to supervise in addition to handling general duties; last-minute schedule changes, kitchen and inventory problems. Assistant managers are leaders and should represent their company and themselves well by acting as a role model to the people reporting to them.
- Organisation: As an assistant manager, you should be able to stay focused during busy times and delegate tasks to employees to keep business running smoothly.
- Recruiting and training: The Assistant manager is responsible for recruiting and interviewing quality people to staff our location, as well as making sure these new employees transition as smoothly as possibly into their jobs. You should be a good teacher who tries to help employees who are having difficulty picking up new skills.
- Being friendly and outgoing: People skills and customer service are a must in this job.
- Staying attentive: This is not a position where you can sit back, forget about the people around you and do your own thing. Your job is to be attentive to your employees by motivating them to succeed and improve. Even if business is slow, keep your staff in high spirits and be as helpful as possible to customers and clients.
- General upkeep of the property
- Cash handling and banking
- Rota planning
- Representing the business in area review meetings with RDM (regional development manager)
- Events coordination
- Seasonal / events marketing
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience in similar role.
- One half must be qualified to at least Sous Chef level.
- The other half have experience in manging the day to day operations
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.