We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Telecom Senior Manager based in the South West.
The Head of Build will be responsible for leading and developing current business work streams and areas, project delivery, customer service, stakeholder management, cash management and commercial performance.
There will be a key focus on building a team with the professionalism and expertise to successfully deliver the client’s requirements within agreed budgets and time-scales.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring customer service excellence.
- Support the business development activities in the assigned area / business stream, ensuring there is an effective business development and resourcing strategy in place to grow the business.
- Lead the annual business and resource planning process for their area / business stream.
- Contribute to the overall Group business strategy and performance.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the business stream working with direct reports to ensure consistent delivery of projects, on time, within budget and to pre-determined safety, quality, customer service commercial and engineering standards.
- Own the P&L performance of the area / business stream including budgets and preparation of monthly commentary and senior management / board reports.
- Overall responsibility for leading and championing the Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental aspects of the area / business stream, with a particular focus on ensuring the safety of the operation, adhering to the stringent safety requirements at all times.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders, including Clients, Senior Management Team colleagues, subcontract suppliers and the direct labour workforce.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other Senior Managers, Customers and partners.
- Identify and maximise new business opportunities which meet a growth and profitability criteria.
- Lead, motivate and develop people with the necessary expertise and ability to meet or exceed required performance standards, whilst ensuring there is an effective resource strategy in place to support business growth.
- Ensure business processes are appropriate, maintained and adapted as necessary.
- Provide reports for and attend BU meetings and, if required, Operational Board meetings and contribute to other business units where appropriate.
- Ensure cross pollination of best practice and innovation throughout the company.
- Represent the company at all times in a professional and accomplished manner.
- Instil pride, professionalism honesty and integrity throughout all supply partners and employees.
- Tackle any non-conformance from expected standards, including disciplinary measures.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- An industry applicable qualification to degree level is very desirable.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Senior Management experience within the Telecom or Utility sector.
- Successful P&L experience of leading a division within the Telecom or Utilities or sector.
- Strong track record in successful project delivery.
- Excellent commercial management skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Change management capability.
- Proven track record of people, project and programme management, with strong leadership abilities.
- Experience in planning and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Able to deliver value added services whilst controlling costs.
- Able to lead, coach and develop direct line reports.
- Possessing a good understanding of behavioural safety management and lead the business towards a zero incident / accident performance.
- Able to identify, understand and deliver the requirements of clients and all key stakeholders.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.