IBP are looking to recruit a Telecoms Civil Supervisor to work in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas.
This role will be responsible for the supervision of sub-contractors across various sites and projects across FTTP rollouts, working predominantly on the Openreach and Virgin Media Networks.
The ideal candidate will take on both operational and administrative responsibilities to ensure that site regulations and a high quality of work is achieved.
This is a great opportunity to work with a rapidly expanding company that offer real career progression.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supervising digging and reinstatement teams, signing hand over protocols.
- Scheduling workload for digging and reinstatement teams.
- Provide accurate daily reports into the Network Delivery Manager illustrating productivity and any potential risks to programme.
- Supporting the Network Delivery Manager by ensuring the appropriate materials and resources are planned for regularly.
- Supervising teams to ensure SHEQ regulations are established and understood.
- Participating in site surveys, uploading documents and photos to company server.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of site supervision of teams on FTTH/FTTP rollout projects.
- Experience of quality checking and signing off on handover protocols.
- Experience of providing regular reports to project managers for customers.
- A clear understanding of the permitting system and associated FPNs.
- Demonstrable experience of sub-contractor management.
- An in-depth knowledge of The New Roads and Street Works Act, 1991 (NRSWA) holding NRSWA Units 1-16 for Excavation + Reinstatement + Supervision.
- SSSTS/SMSTS Qualification (Preferred, not essential).
- BT/Openreach PIA accreditation (Preferred, not essential).
- As-Built verification and submission.
- Read and interpret client network schematics.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Ability to use initiative and make critical decisions under pressure.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Understanding of programming, cost and value of workstream.
- Great engineering management techniques.
- Good communication skills.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.