IBP are recruiting for Telecoms Civil Operatives to work across the West Midlands area.
The successful candidates will be required to perform excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure, located within the public highway and customers premises.
Using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, and cabinets and associated customer connections.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information and photos are captured on company supplied assets i.e. phone or tablet
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope to customer's connection point following installation of duct works and boxes.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works on job sheets, risk assessments, plant sheets and/or van sheets
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the company assets and plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Can communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Be in good physical health
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualifications
- Hold a full UK driver's license
- Hold the following qualifications: NRSWA, CSCS, CPCS
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and furture roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not do hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.