An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious tax senior to work within the Salisbury office of our established client. Your role will entail being responsible for a portfolio of clients and assisting the tax partner in managing the compliance aspects of their tax services and providing technical support to other partners and team members. They are serious about providing an excellent service to their clients and want staff to develop with them, as they expand thier activities. Our clients tax services offering is expanding, and we require a further skilled senior to help move this forward. The work will include training other team members and advisory work providing tax efficient solutions to clients and other partners. The split is likely to be even across compliance, technical support and advisory work. We are serious about developing your career within Moore Stephens, enabling you to achieve your goals and progress with us.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Providing a technically competent tax service to clients and colleagues
- Assisting with training junior team members
- Ensure compliance tasks have relevant documentation in place and completed for manager/partner review
- Setting/adhering to budgets, identifying potential issues and bringing matters to the attention of the case manager/partner in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procedures
- Dealing directly with clients in person and by telephone, and corresponding professionally and competently by letter and email, constantly building strong relationships
- Identify and understand clients needs and communicating these needs to the line manager/partner
- Ability to address clients queries, identify solutions and knowing when to bring to the attention of the line manager/partner
- Be innovative in the way you approach your work and always look for opportunities to break new ground and create efficiencies
- Take responsibility for maintaining annual training requirements and be proactive in identifying your own training needs
- Adhering to internal administration including billing clients and debt collection where required
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- You will be CTA and/or ATT qualified, or qualified by experience
- Possess a good telephone manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with clients, partners, colleagues and business contacts
- Aptitude for analytical thinking and good attention to detail
- You must be conversant with computer packages (although training will be given as part of your induction training)
- Willingness to learn new tasks
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets
- Able to prepare and present information through liaising with other team members and have the understanding and appreciation of other people's and the organisation's targets
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.