BP Recruitment are looking for a Sous Chef to join our clients team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dedicated & driven Sous Chef, with great enthusiasm for food & pubs to join the team and work with them to always provide the best food and experience to their customers. Our client believes in investing in people and part of this is offering employees the chance to develop through the many training courses they have available.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Developing new products regularly and working with the Management Team for ongoing menu selection.
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining standards in quality of food produced, food storage, stock control, food hygiene, staffing and wastage control.
- Maintaining our high level of food safety & hygiene which is essential
- Managing stock control, portion sizes and quality
- Work in a high-pressured environment.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level in a leisure resort or a high street restaurant brand.
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
- We are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, sensible hours, NVQ training and an exciting future for the right person.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.