Located in a delightful and picturesque village near Andover, my client is an established and busy village gastro pub offering mouth-watering dishes prepared and cooked freshly on the premises as well as accommodation in any of their wonderfully decorated rooms.
Menus are changed seasonally to reflect the locally sourced produce and meat and they boast a fine wine and real ale selection.
As the Sous Chef you should have a keen eye for quality and a genuine passion for creating exceptional dishes every time using the best and freshest ingredients available.
Coming from a similar background with a sound knowledge of quality ingredients, techniques and style would be an advantage.
You will bring fresh ideas and demonstrate a real 'can do' attitude as well as remaining calm under pressure.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Running of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Menu development costing
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining a high level of food safety & hygiene at all times
- Solid knowledge and understanding of food safety, H&S and stock control.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
Salary and Benefits;
- 25k - 26k per annum
- Live in available