Live in Available
Situated in a delightful and picturesque location just North of Newbury, my client is a traditional village pub full of warmth and character and offering luxury accommodation.
They have an already excellent reputation for food, real ale and fine wines and work with some of the area's best family-run food producers. The menu is changed frequently, and they offer daily specials that reflect the very best seasonal produce and cuts of meat.
So confident are they in their ability to offer culinary delight that diners can even book the 'chef's table' and have the opportunity to view the kitchen pro's doing what they do best as they wait for their meal.
As the Sous Chef you should have a keen eye for quality and a genuine passion for creating exceptional dishes every time using the best and freshest ingredients available.
Coming from a similar background with a sound knowledge of quality ingredients, techniques and style would be an advantage.
You will bring fresh ideas and demonstrate a real 'can do' attitude as well as remaining calm under pressure.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Running of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Menu development costing
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining a high level of food safety & hygiene at all times
- Solid knowledge and understanding of food safety, H&S and stock control.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
Salary and Benefits;
- 25k - 26k per annum
- 28 paid holiday days a year
- Live in available
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ring me. Darren Morris 01249 476188 / 07860 800015.
I look forward to speaking with you.