The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Developing new products regularly and working with the Management Team for ongoing menu selection.
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining standards in quality of food produced, food storage, stock control, food hygiene, staffing and wastage control.
- Maintaining our high level of food safety & hygiene which is essential
- Managing stock control, portion sizes and quality
- Work in a high-pressured environment.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level in a leisure resort or a high street restaurant brand.
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
- We are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, sensible hours, NVQ training and an exciting future for the right person.