Live in Available
My client is a multi award-winning gastro location set in a beautiful village nr Windsor.
This wonderful 18th century inn boasts cosy nooks & crannies, original stone floors and a huge open fire, while accommodation is available in any one of their rooms all decorated to an extremely high standard.
They boast an excellent range of real ales and fine wines and a menu of truly mouthwatering dishes prepared and cooked from fresh on the premises.
The chefs use locally sourced ingredients and design dishes around the best produce and cuts of meat available each new season.
They are now looking for a Sous or Senior Sous Chef to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dedicated & driven Sous Chef, with great enthusiasm for fresh food to be part of a great team, all sharing the same passion for creating exceptional dishes every time.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Running of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Menu development costing
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining a high level of food safety & hygiene at all times
- Solid knowledge and understanding of food safety, H&S and stock control.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
Salary and Benefits;
- 24k - 27k per annum
- 28 paid holiday days a year
- Live in available