At IBP Recruitment, we are searching for a SHEQ Advisor with strong experience in Utility / Construction works.
You will require at least 3 years' proven track record in Managing Health and Safety within the telecommunications and Utility sectors either at Manager or Advisory level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all Health and Safety and Environmental matters ensuring adherence to Health and safety at work Act, compliance to all client contracts.The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Managing compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Developing client contracts and sub-contractor vetting
- Maintaining certification with registration bodies including Chas, Safe Contractor, Achilles
- Conducting independent field site audits, reporting non-conformances and supporting fix solutions
- Developing Health and Safety Policies and Procedures include RAMS
- Working with contract partners to deliver their Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Using Reporting tools
- Conducting Accident and Incident Investigations and developing solutions for issues found
- RIDDOR reporting
- Safety reporting. (Both internally and externally including mandatory SLA and KPI's)
- Managing Employee and Sub contractor adherence to policies and procedures
- Preparation of Safety Bulletins
- Conducting Induction Events
- Support to Managers and Supervisor's
- Commercially aware Health, Safety and Environmental advisor/Consultant
- Good awareness of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Trained in New Roads and Street Works SLG and Excavation and Reinstatement
- Construction Design Management 2015
- Professional Qualifications in Health and Safety /Environmental/ Safety Training/Occupational health.
- Effective Leadership and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to motivate others effectively
- Good Managerial skills and results orientated
- Ideally with a background in Construction, Communications and Utility Services.
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Accepts and stimulates change within working environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to varying audiences
- Experience working in the utility and civil engineering sectors
- Good commercial and Financial awareness
- Good working Knowledge of work management systems and Microsoft Office
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.