IBP are currently looking to recruit a Safety Health Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Manager to work on our clients UK Power Networks contract covering East and South England and London.
As a SHEQ Manager you will be part of the SHEQ Team and be responsible for raising awareness of risks to health, safety and occupational illness and disease. Provide support to mitigate the risks through Legislation, procedures and training. Support the business in environmental and quality compliance. Increase engagement of SHEQ throughout all levels and personnel. Promote measures to maintain and improve wellbeing.
The client operates and maintains the electricity distribution network in the East and South East of England and London.
As the SHEQ Manager, your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Identify SHEQ hazards and establish guidelines for mitigation.
- Establish and maintain standards for protective equipment.
- Develop and maintain the contract SHEQ Plan, detailing Contract SHEQ targets and objectives.
- Develop annual SHEQ Strategy and Action Plan.
- Analyse audit data, identify trends and report.
- Personally undertake investigations into serious incidents.
- Promote incident, hazard, near miss and positive reporting.
- Organise and prepare planned and ad-hoc briefings and team events.
- Ensure reporting of appropriate SHEQ data.
- Collate and manage data for key performance indicators.
- Trend analysis and reporting.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to maintain training and competence.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 5 years' experience of SHEQ within utilities.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5.
- Comprehensive understanding of SHEQ management systems and standards
- Effective communicator
- Person management, influence and motivational skills to enable effective team management.
- Ability to form effective relationships with other senior members of the team in order to drive SHEQ improvement.
- Ability to take a leading role in the implementation of systems to meet Contract and legislative requirements.
- Co-ordinate activities of the wider SHEQ team.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.