IBP are currently looking to recruit a Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Manager to support the operations within the Telecommunication sector (fixed and mobile operations). The role will be based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire and will require travel. Travelling will cover from Midlands down to the South Coast and will depend on what the focus areas are at the time.
The SHE Manager must develop ownership and a proactive approach to all SHE related matters, while ensuring the implementation of the business Safety Management System, delivery of legislative and client requirements promoting continuous improvement of SHE performance.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Provide operational support for the delivery teams promoting operational ownership of Health and Safety
- Management of SHEQ Advisor(s)
- Ensure a positive incident reporting culture within contracts, that all incidents are properly investigated, and root causes established; ensure that root causes and recommendations are communicated across the wider division
- Monitoring and measuring Key SHE Performance Indicators
- Implement and share best practice through regular meetings
- Contribute to the development of the Safety Management System (SMS)
- Liaise with the client Health and Safety personnel to ensure the business meet the procedural and contractual reporting requirements
- Target key risk areas within each contract / work streams
- Identify contract and work stream opportunities for innovation
- Liaise with operational management team to ensure a consistent approach across the business
- Collaborate with other SHE personnel across the division to drive consistency and implementation of initiatives
- Undertake deep dive reviews on contracts / work streams under your area of responsibility to identify areas of non-compliance, ensuring comprehensive corrective action planning
- Ensure regimes of inspections and audits are planned and executed throughout contracts / work streams and recommendations and actions are closed out in line with the safety management system
- Build and maintain good working relationships with client personnel, ensuring constant communication
- Ensure all CDM appointments are up to date and post holders have had successful competency assessments
- Support tender submissions / award submissions within area of operations
- Produce weekly and monthly reports and findings of the analysis of the completed audit / inspections carried out by SHE personnel and operational FLM's.
- Liaise with the Divisional Training Manager on the identification and fulfilling of all SHEQ training requirements.
- Attend client meetings to provide full support to the business on subject matters
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation regarding: Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Manage ongoing compliance to all defined accreditations e.g. OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001; Achilles, Safe Contractor, NICEIC etc.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety role within the telecommunication sector
- Strong knowledge on Working at Height Requirements and Systems
- Working knowledge of Electrical Requirements (BS7671 and NICEIC)
- Working knowledge of non-ironizing radiation (NIR) Identification and prevention
- Working Knowledge of fixed and mobile infrastructure networks, including but not limited to:
- Optical Networks
- Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and Fibre to The Premises (FTTP)
- Radio telemetry solutions
- 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G base station installations (Mobile Mast Installation)
- Network decommission and recovery
- Qualified to Degree / NVQ Level 5 or working towards
- CMIOSH (Chartered status or working towards)
- Proven understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- An eye for detail and drive for continuous improvement
- Commercial awareness
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- Fully competent at using the appropriate company IT systems and office software
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.