IBP Recruitment are looking for a Service Engineer for our client who are a manufacturer or rotary & diverter valves based in Calne, Wiltshire. This role is a Permanent position and you would be joining our client at a time of massive growth with exciting plans for 2018.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Refurbishment and maintenance of rotary and diverter valves.
- Maintain expected quality standards of all refurbished valves.
- Customer visits to carry out: valve maintenance, commissioning, diagnostics/trouble shooting, site surveys and customer maintenance shutdowns within UK, Ireland & overseas.
- Prepare customer reports highlighting valve failure points and give recommended actions.
- Recording, maintaining and updating records and preparing quotations.
- Providing technical advice to both internal and external customers.
- Stock control: Ordering stock when required, booking stock in and out, packing stock ready for dispatch.
- Ensure workshop is kept clean, well organized and well maintained.
- Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of the products in order to effectively demonstrate and sell the features, advantages and benefits to customers.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent people and time management skills.
- Excellent engineering experience.
- An eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fork lift truck driver (Training provided if required).
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- An engineering qualification, such as NVQ or above is desirable.
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office, Excel & Word and ideally Access or similar database, Internet and e-mail.
- Full clean UK driving license.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.