IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced Electrical Service Engineer in the Somerset area for our client, who are a national expert in waste & recycling machinery. The ideal candidate will be honest, hardworking & reliable as this role is solely field based and will involve a lot of lone working.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Build, service, commission and test run equipment ready for despatch from the factory.
- Install, service and maintain equipment away from the factory.
- Diagnose and rectify all faults on equipment.
- Panel wiring, machine rewires and electrical maintenance of workshop.
- Provide cover for call out periods on a rota basis and over bank holiday periods
- Respond flexibly and positively to Senior Storeman or Service Co-ordinator to ensure service work is allocated evenly and effectively.
- Ensure all equipment and consumables are booked in and out of stores correctly.
- Report any defects in manufactured goods, consumables or tools so they can be rectified promptly
- Liaise with the Store man to ensure vans are kept roadworthy, equipment is maintained and materials are booked out.
- Assist production personnel when working in the factory.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Working away from the factory without supervision, either individually or as a team and at short notice.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- Work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and responsive manner.
- Be fully conversant with PLC electrical control systems.
- Ability to read and work from hydraulic, mechanical schematics.
- General understanding of service procedures and control measures.
- General knowledge in mechanical and hydraulic controls systems.
- Be fully conversant with electrical control systems.
- Hold a full driving licence.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.