IBP Recruitment are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join an expanding software development company that specialises in writing bespoke large-scale web-based enterprise solutions and products, but also work with start-ups to help turn their vision into reality with responsive Web based applications or native android and IOS Apps.
You will join a small but highly skilled and dynamic team, working with cutting edge technologies.
This is a fast-paced environment and our client is looking for a hands-on developer who is eager to jump in, think big, and help bring ideas to life. You must have a can-do attitude and be ready to embrace challenges.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Providing technical leadership to the team in terms of design patterns and architecture.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Conducting stand-ups as and when required.
- Performing code reviews for junior members of the team.
- Working closely with Business analysts and the development team to analyse the requirements and extend the current solutions to meet the new business needs.
- Work closely with the web designer in order to understand the expected user interaction and design the back-end service layer and the associated interface.
- Setting up and configuring frameworks for automated testing for functional and performance tests.
- Reviewing current systems - Presenting ideas for system improvements to the product owner, including effort estimates.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Self-driven and task focused with a depth understanding of technologies.
- Capability to pick up new technologies quickly and adapt as necessary to deliver optimum business solutions
- Write "clean", well designed code
- Produce detailed documentation
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions.
Technical - Must Haves:
5+ years of development experience with a minimum of three years relevant to the technologies listed below:
- Java, Spring, Struts 2 and hibernate
- Exposure to MySQL/Oracle or an alternative RDBMS
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
Technical - Highly Advantageous:
- Exposure to Junit
- Exposure to Tomcat, Apache/Nginx
- Be comfortable working within Unix/Linux environment
- Exposure to Ansible or other Infrastructure as code options
- Exposure to Cloud foundry and some knowledge of Docker and spring cloud
- Exposure to Drules and Vagrant
- Experience with Salesforce integrations or RESTful API /service design
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.