IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant / Internal Auditor located in Wiltshire but based all around the country. This role is very exciting and would suit someone who doesn't mind working away from home at times, and would enjoy the variation of work. This is a role for a people person that can communicate effectively. Our client is recruiting for a Senior Accountant / Internal Auditor due to major progression and growth. If you are looking for a challenge with a growing company that rewards, then this could be the role for you.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Carrying out and assisting with Internal Audits at local councils
- Drafting audit reports
- Management accounting for Commercial clients
- Year End accounts (depending on experience)
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Successful candidate is likely to have a range of experience which may have been gained in in a business environment or in practice (possibly in the public sector).
- Working in a team
- Working directly with non-finance colleagues / clients
- Working independently to complete assigned tasks
- Preparation of financial and written reports for submission to line managers / clients
- Working outside of usual work location
- AAT Qualification
- Able to work with unstructured problems (for example to deal with incomplete accounting records or 'unbalanced' books of account)
- Very familiar with a range of accounting systems, including Sage (instant & Line 50) Quickbooks etc
- Familiar with operation of payroll systems and operation of PAYE
- Familiar with basic principles and operation of VAT
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Excel and Word packages
- Able to draft written technical reports to non-specialist clients
- Full UK Driving Licence
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.