IBP are excited to be recruiting of a Quantity Surveyor.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will support the Commercial team, ensuring the commercial position of the business is protected and maximized at all times. As QS you will maintain an appropriate level of control and governance across a suite of multi-million pound contracts.
Assessing, managing and reporting upon commercial risk and cost / value whilst always ensuring compliance with company procedures, parameters, systems and standards.
You will be joining a leading specialist provider of telecom network build and installation, this is an exciting time in telecoms and this role will add value to an already thriving business.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assess and manage cash flow, commercial risk and contractual protection at an individual contract level.
- Drive down WIP weeks and maximise cash inflows.
- Support and manage tender opportunities for new contract acquisition.
- Prepare pre tender agreements, commercial tender documents and evaluate tender results.
- Conduct / support new contract acquisition review and negotiation.
- Review and valuation of change, interfacing with Operational Managers as required including associated contract administration.
- Ensure any variations to the contract are fully recorded and documented.
- Ensure upstream and downstream Compensation Events / DFE’s are captured and managed to successful outcomes.
- Undertaking and managing valuations and applications for payment with the client including interim Applications, Variations, Final Accounts and Claims.
- Cost value reconciliation and ongoing commercial status reports, reconciliations and forecasts.
- Manage and negotiate contractual disputes with clients and subcontractors.
- Manage subcontract relationships from initial procurement including fixing terms and conditions and on-going control and assessment.
- Work with operational teams to ensure required risk management / record keeping procedures are fully complied with.
- Monitor, review and develop Commercial staff together with assessing future requirements and sourcing any additional resources.
- Liaise and develop relationships with both clients and their consultant teams.
- Report upon key issues to Senior Management and support the Senior Management team in strategic decision making.
- Liaise with Finance team as appropriate to ensure transparency of trading position.
- Ensure that those involved in the Commercial & Controlling function comply with Company procedures, systems and standards and work within the parameters given.
- Continuous improvement in the development of reporting systems and processes to improve efficiency and the accuracy of reported figures through learning and understanding the different contracts and clients
- Be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills.
- Be able to drive efficiency throughout a commercial team.
- Reporting and undertaking ad-hoc duties under the instruction of the Commercial Director / Head of Commercial & Controlling as appropriate.
The Ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- ARICS or MRICS membership
- Managing monthly commercial / financial reporting.
- Experience of working with a variety of framework contracts and in particular NEC 3 and/or NEC 4 required.
- Managing a team of professionals to maximise benefit of department to the business.
- Both pre and post tender experience in framework / term service contracts.
- Negotiations with clients and subcontractors on contractual T&C’s ensuring commercial risk is minimised and benefit maximised.
- Experience working in the utilities / telecoms sector.
- Civil Engineering Method of Measurement
- Management of contractual disputes.
- Highways and Civils experience.
- Estimating experience and the production of a contract schedule of rates.
- Knowledge of NRSWA
- BSc (Hons) in a related discipline
- The ability to fluidly prioritise to meet deadlines and effectively manage any expectations.
- Resiliency with the ability to work well under pressure.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good analytical skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- CEMAR contract management platform
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.