IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced Quality Technician in the Abingdon area for our client, who are a manufacturer of parts for various industries through many CNC methods.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspection, including 1st off, Patrol and Final.
- Manufacturing liaison and reporting shortfalls to Manufacturing supervision.
- Training of Operators in all aspects of inspection techniques and equipment. Including the preparation of inspection equipment work instruction.
- Assisting in effective management of the entire measurement and test equipment calibration system.
- Setting of adjustable M&TE for use by Manufacturing Operators.
- Hardness testing (both Brinell and Rockwell) and reporting for specific Customers as required.
- Recommending and pursuing (when sanctioned) improvements to both Inspection and Quality techniques and equipment.
- Translation of Customer quality requirements into detailed Manufacturing Instructions.
- Compiling routine final inspection trend analysis and reports.
- Compilation of Inspection report blanks.
- Raising and following-up QA NCRs.
- System and process audits up to completion as scheduled.
- Supplier audits including reporting and recommendations.
- Supplier liaison on specific quality issues.
- Other related duties as determined by the Quality Manager.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years recent experience in a quality related function.
- PC literate with competence in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to train employees in quality related subjects.
- Sound knowledge of inspection techniques, including:
- the ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings and determine appropriate measuring techniques.
- the ability to produce credible inspection and associated reports.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.