IBP Recruitment are looking for an experienced Quality Inspector in the Oxfordshire area for our client, who are a precision engineering company.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Checking first off's and quality of parts throughout the manufacturing process
- Monitor or observe operations to ensure that they meet production standards and recommend adjustments to the process
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for manufacture
- Ensuring all quality data is captured and analysed against targets taking action on adverse variation to standard
- Carrying out First Article Mechanical Inspections of aerospace industry component parts and sub-assemblies to the AS9102 standard
- Finalising First Article Inspection Reports, recording the data on ERP computer system, maintaining the electronic file system and keeping a log summarising scrap and re-work inputting data into quality database
- Make certain that all inspection standards, as agreed with customer's specifications, are carried out efficiently, both before processing and, at the inspection/dispatch stage.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve customer issues, promoting customer confidence and satisfaction
- Managing and controlling equipment calibration
- Supporting business processes and personnel in continuous improvement activities in addition to providing information concerning product and process quality performance
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- The Quality Inspector will have a strong quality and/or aerospace background gained within a manufacturing environment
- Competent in the use of CMM (Mitutoyo), knowledge of inspect 3D computer software and hand held measuring (Verniers, Height Gauges, Micrometers and slip gauges) also reading and understanding drawing requirements including geometrical tolerances
- Able to work with and inspect to CAD models
- Able to understand and interpret engineering information
- Good communicator at all levels both verbal and written
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Continuous Improvement and 5S mind set
- IT literate - Effective use of Microsoft Office software in particular Excel and Word.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.