IBP are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of copper, fibre, OCR and power work undertaken by direct labour and contract resource across a number of work streams for Openreach.
This role will report into the Delivery Director who is responsible for the delivery of all work streams for Openreach.
The teams are primarily working in Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and NE London. This role will ideally be based in the Head Office in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, however this is flexible. Travel to the above regions and to regional offices would be required.
The successful candidate will have well developed leadership and management skills, experience of running multiple projects in the telecoms industry and a strong grasp of project finances including the commercial knowledge behind this.
As a Senior Project Manager your will be responsible for:
- The successful delivery of all copper, fibre, OCR and power work carried out
- Balancing resource requirements across the various work streams
- Driving delivery to ensure all project milestones are met across all work areas
- Ensuring delivery is achieved to the correct quality and safety standards
- Management of financials to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Reporting on delivery progress against the required targets and milestones
- Establishing and maintaining relationships both internally with as well as with the customer
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
- A good knowledge of copper and fibre delivery
- A proven track record of delivering multiple consecutive projects and programmes, consistently meeting customer timescales and targets
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - including presenting to a variety of audiences
- Well-developed leadership and management skills
- Financial management skills and previous experience of running a P&L
- Proven ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and prioritise competing demands
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.