IBP are currently looking to recruit a Project Planner / Project Scheduler based in Bristol. The Project Planner will be joining us at an exciting time in telecoms. You will also be joining a fast and dynamic team. The Project Planner will support the Commercial and Technical teams in the preparation and maintenance of programmes, progress reports and procurement information at the tender, planning and engineering / construction stages of utilities projects.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Assessment of documents for the production of various project programmes
- Identification of risks, lead times and completion time for the programme
- Monitoring progress, updating programmes, rescheduling activities at all project stages
Assistance with preparation of tender documentation and delivery plans
- Assess access, site constraints and preliminary requirements
- Identify any specialist plant
- Identify any suggest efficiencies through better construction methods
- Identify completion arrangements
- Hold meetings with Engineering teams
- Produce detailed phasing and sequence drawings
- Production of ‘fit for purpose’ job pack for execution by operations teams
- Production of risk register highlighting all obstructions and SED’s
- Production of job pack including photos detailing all work required onsite.
- Produce, review and analyse GANTT chart Construction / Engineering programmes
Completion of Construction / Engineering documents and programme to include:
- Critical path for the construction / engineering programme
- Sequence drawings and Construction / Engineering Programme
- Detailed explanation of the programme risks and how they have been dealt with
- Explanation of programme and how it could be improved
- Details of any Sub-Contractors programmes used
- To support commercial and project management teams in dispute resolution and settlement of final accounts
Engineering / Delivery Programmes
- The planner remains involved with the programme over the entire project lifecycle and reviews, updates and manages it accordingly.
- Meet with Sub-Contractors as required to ensure they have their programmes and understand the sequence of works
- Set up Progress Monitoring Tool for Site Team
- Maintain a 4-week rolling programme on work commitments
- Visit sites periodically to assess progress against programme
- Periodically assist site teams to produce a completion document
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- HNC in a Construction related subject
- Tendering procedures
- Estimating experience
- Construction Industry
- Network infrastructure delivery (fibre build, FTTP, PIA, etc)
- Project Planning
- Experience and technical capabilities to solve challenging problems
- Optimize potential to create value through effective networking between our corporate units
- Seek early and open dialogue with clients as the basis of long term working partnerships
- Understand that continuous improvement in profitability is a foundation for our long term economic success
- Actively promote a spirit of cooperation – unconstrained by organisational, cultural or geographic borders
- Commit to acting with integrity and fairness, both internally and externally
- Recognise and develop the skills and abilities of our employees. Management is expected to demonstrate responsible leadership through example
- Empower employees to act in the interests of the company and to responsibly identify and manage risk. Support this policy through decentralized structures, transparency and open communication
- Take seriously our wider responsibilities towards society respecting always the cultural and social environments in which we operate.
- Microsoft Office skills with MS Project. Primavera and Powerproject knowledge desirable.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.