Our client is looking to recruit a Project Management Administrator due to expansion and growth. Our client is an engineering and energy consultancy that carries out the design and implementation of new installations and refurbishments of control systems for heating.
Our client is looking for an individual who wants a satisfying & varied administration & project management position. The role will involve working with the team of engineers to carry out energy saving work across both the public and private sector estates. You will be involved in some of the engineering design, principally the engineering of graphical interfaces for non-technical users to ensure that the systems implement are as easy to use as possible. Full training will be given in these skills.
You will be working with their own innovative range of products manufactured in the UK and designed to reduce the cost and waste involved in traditional refurbishment projects. The work is very rewarding and has the scope to have a significant amount of positive environmental impact.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with our consultancy efforts with roles such as gathering an understanding of users perceptions of the control of the internal environment within buildings and their priorities such as control of energy use and costs. This will also involve obtaining policy and strategy documents from organisations so as to understand the background against which our work will be set. There will also be more routine tasks such as photographing building services plant and buildings and cataloguing the results.
- Proof reading reports and the organisation of appendices and formatting.
- The engineering of graphical interfaces for everyday users within the Niagara engineering framework. Full training on this will be given as well as instruction by our engineers. You will also be taught about heating and ventilation plant and how to represent it within a graphical interface so that an everyday user can understand its operation.
- Liaising with our clients during works to ensure that they have received all the necessary risk assessments and method statements and are aware of when our engineers will be on site. Also liaising with high-level individuals within organisations when we are carrying out consultancy work in order to organise interviews and feedback sessions.
- The analysis of energy consumption data against published benchmarks and obtaining data from current and potential clients so that we can effectively analyse their energy use and determine how much they can save. We will give you a full understanding of metering arrangements the gas electricity oil and coal and how to analyse this data
- The preparation of quotations for products supply and the understanding of customers requirements. Again, full training on the systems that we work with and refurbish will be given so that you can meet customers requirements as effectively as possible.
- Credit control on our accounts to ensure that work undertaken has been properly invoiced for and the monies are coming in. We currently have a bookkeeper who manages our free-agent online accounting system and you will be liaising with them.
- The administration of our office building to ensure that all the necessary statutory requirements and insurances are maintained and the managing of small works.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Good communication skills are a pre-requisite
- Demonstrate that they can communicate effectively and efficiently by phone rather than simply by e-mail.
- Aptitude and commitment
- Enthusiasm, focus and organisational skills.
- Previous experience working at a technical firm would be advantageous
In short, my client has a very exciting company doing some very exciting things and enthusiasm and a desire to grow in the role is most important.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.