IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Payroll/Pension Assistant o assist in providing an efficient payroll bureau and pension administration service for a client-base of schools, ensuring staff are paid accurately and on a timely basis, schools receive monthly reporting and all monthly/year-end returns are completed in accordance with HMRC and Pension schemes guidance.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- To receive and process payroll documentation from client schools to ensure accurate payroll records are established and maintained.
- To assist in updating and managing the Payroll Bureau database to ensure staff are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
- To assist in preparing the monthly data file of payment transactions in readiness for transmitting to BACS.
- To assist in producing monthly pre-payroll reports, monthly payroll reports, YTD payroll reports and monthly payslips and ensure all are delivered safely and securely to the clients.
- To undertake the role of client account manager and be the first point of contact for School Bursars and Business Managers.
- To liaise with external agencies and organisations e.g. Teacher Pensions, HMRC, Local Government Pension provider, Childcare Voucher Scheme providers etc.
- To assist in updating and maintaining the Payroll Bureau software ensuring that all enhancements are updated on a timely basis.
- To assist in ensuring that all Year-End returns are completed for client schools in accordance with HMRC timescales and guidelines.
- To resolve all client payroll queries within agreed service standards.
- To assist in providing training and coaching for school Bursars and Business Managers regarding Payroll matters, as and when required.
- To identify and attend suitable training and development opportunities to maintain an up to date working knowledge of payroll and pension administration, systems and procedures.
- To run the MDC extract, upload, investigate and resolve any queries.
- Complete LG returns for starters/leavers/changes/estimates/retirements on a monthly basis.
- During the prepay calculation stage run and check the Pension Report.
- Reconcile all TP monthly calculations for each client.
- Upload completed TP returns each month.
- Investigate and resolve all general pension queries on a timely basis.
- Produce the End of Year LG Pension Report each year to deadline.
- Reconcile the monthly TP information for each school in readiness for End of Year Certificates and ensure any discrepancies are resolved in-year.
- Produce the TP EOYC summaries for Academies annually during April - June.
- Resolve all TP EOYC queries from Accountants/Academies/LA during May - September.
- Provide an administration service to other pension schemes if required.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as are reasonably requested by the Line Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Payroll and pensions administration experience
- Experience of working in the education or public sector would be advantageous
- Must be able to demonstrate the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and exercise initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- FS4S offer a generous holiday entitlement - 28 days per annum
- A Contributory pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Free use of onsite Gym
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.