IBP Recruitment are currently looking for a Payroll Manager for a company expanding into Melksham. You will be responsible for end to end payroll including inputting, processing using Quickbooks desktop and reconciling 3 x monthly payrolls for approximately 130 employees
across the group in a timely and accurate manner. To create and maintain employees' payroll records. Complete payroll reports as requested. Manage Pension Auto enrolment including monthly download reporting and correspondence with employees.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of 3 monthly payrolls for approximately 130 employees on the Quickbooks payroll system (This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leave, terminations and check and authorise claims)
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in payroll information submitted by service managers.
- Answers employee questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Receives and coordinates requests for leave and other absences including TOIL for head office and managers across the company.
- Monitor sickness and absence for head office and managers.
- Ensure relevant authorisation received for travel claims
- Manually calculate SSP/SMP/SPP etc and reconcile to Quickbooks calculations to ensure employee receives correct entitlement
- Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for monthly/annual HMRC payroll submission and reporting to avoid penalties
- Responsible for meeting the company's' obligation for Re Auto Enrolment
- Responsible for all associated administration and correspondence to employees regarding the pension scheme including opt outs and opt ins
- Compilation of Auto-Enrolment pension scheme submissions for each payroll on a monthly basis and liaising and general administration of company pension scheme
- Assist with annual P11d preparation for employees/Directors
- Responsible for producing annual P87 forms for relevant employees
- Responsible for the coordination between payroll and human resources, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Update the NMDS - SC for all services across the group and provide HR reports and data as requested.
- Maintain employee records both paper based and electronic: ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorisation.
- Respond to incoming reference requests using the standard company
- Ensure any deduction of earnings and attachment of earning orders are applied to earnings as directed and paid across within set timeframe
- Adheres to and keeps up to date with company policies and procedures and complies with relevant legislation.
- Update policies for all services across the group.
- Communicate payroll changes to the HR Executive and Commercial Director and on time.
- Performing other duties as required by the Finance and HR functions to ensure optimum support is provided to all services across the group.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Knowledge of Quickbooks desirable
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of Word/Excel or Numbers/Pages
- Valid driving licence
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills - ability to liaise at all levels
- Personable, responsible and self-motivated
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.