IBP are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager based across the Midlands.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of Project Managers to support the delivery and profitability of our projects in line with contractual, legal, regulatory and business requirements, with particular emphasis on large and/or complex opportunities across the Department.
It will be your role to support the Head of Department and other company functions where appropriate. You will improve operational processes, develop thought leadership for achieving commercial success in new areas, and enhance employee and sub-contractor engagement.
Your main activities will include:
- Overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery
- Ownership of the entire project, design, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement etc
- Align the client's direction and needs
- Interpret contract commitments
- Manage client/contractor expectations within the context of Client and their commitment to continuing our longstanding relationship.
- Ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the projects are being administered to the highest quality
- Ensuring proper interpretation of the drawings and plans are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client
- Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding programs of work, while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality
- Demonstrate and develop financial controls that detail profit and loss & cost to complete reports for each project within the programme
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Manage office and site staff requirements and resourcing against multiple live projects
- Bring innovative ideas
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- An industry applicable qualification to degree level is very desirable
- Telecoms Industry knowledge is essential
- Proven track record of deploying large telecoms infrastructure projects
- Civil engineering specifications and Streetworks regulations
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Able to organise yourself and others workload
- Able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.