You will be working for a professional accountancy practice as part of the Accounts Team within our clients Head Office in Calne. As a firm they have an excellent reputation with their clients across Wiltshire and Gloucestershire and further afield. Their focus is on providing the highest level of service with a proactive approach to all clients. They have a proven record for supporting staff development and progression; we offer long term opportunities for those that are career focussed individuals.
Due to successive growth of the company we are looking to recruit an ambitious and focused newly qualified accountant who will work within a dynamic team and support the Senior Consultant/Partners within the Practice. You will be involved in ensuring that deadlines are met for our clients as well as looking for opportunities to demonstrate the high service level we offer. A competitive salary as well as support for further training & development will be available for the right candidate.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Preparation of annual accounts and personal tax returns from the source documents supplied
- Preparation of tax computations both personal and corporate and identify ways to help reduce tax
- Prepare and review management accounts for presentation to clients
- Review work prepared by colleagues and input to their improvement
- The knowledge to review and compile when required VAT and CIS submissions
- Be open to the idea of networking to promote the business and services we offer
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Newly Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Strong communication and interpersonal Skills
- Strong knowledge of taxes, in particular CIS, VAT, Corporate & Personal taxes including CGT
- Self-managing, organised and able to work under pressure. Ability to work within a environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel, also Sage, Xero, Quickbooks
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines. Posses a 'can do' attitude and retain a sense of humour when under pressure.
- Car owner with the ability and willingness to travel on behalf of the company
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.