IBP are recruiting for an experienced Civils Surveyor / Planner with a minimum of 3 years' experience within the Telecommunications industry.
The ideal candidate will have extensive planning and design experience. You will be responsible for the onsite surveying and validation of planning pack design, the quantity surveying and costing of the design for review.
You will be able to effectively understand the construction processes have a good understanding of network civils architecture, good understanding of traffic management and liaison with local authorities.
Working with the regional manager and client representative's you are responsible to ensure all processes are followed to ensure work packages are handed over within the agreed customer SLA.
This role would suit an experienced Telecoms Planner, Construction inspector or street works Planner.
Only applications in the Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas will be considered.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Verification of high level planned design.
- Network design - changes and verification of measured routes and surfaces
- Highlight Traffic management requirements
- Verify any Special Engineering difficulties
- Detailed Recording of architecture measures and costs
- Prepare costings for review
- Highlighting of Wayleave areas
- Liaise with the local authorities and the general public.
- Health & Safety and environmental Risks.
- Prepare overview presentation.
- Provide technical support to include onsite planning.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Must have good PC skill able to use Excel and drawing packages.
- Effective Leadership and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to motivate others effectively.
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Accepts and stimulates change within working environment.
- Strong skills in client management, planning, logistics, resource management and commercial controls.
- Must have NRSWA Accreditation.
- Financial awareness and reporting.
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations.
- Able to work with complex technical drawings.
- Experience in surveying and detecting underground apparatus.
- Some prior Telecommunication Knowledge an advantage, especially in underground Cabling.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.