IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Network Supervisor based in Newcastle. The Network Supervisor will report to the Regional Manager, the ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in the Telecommunications industry and has supervised/managed operational Construction teams previously. The successful candidate will be responsible for the onsite supervision of teams in line with contract performance and quality standards. Liaising with the regional manager and client representative's you are responsible to ensure all processes are followed to ensure work packages are handed over within the agreed customer SLA. This role would suit an experienced highways inspector or Construction Agent experienced in Utility Civil engineering.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of Onsite Engineering staff.
- Co-ordinate with Sub Contractor and clients own resources to ensure delivery of required daily productivity.
- Monitor the quality performance of works and adherence to Customer and HAUC Specifications.
- Coordinate all Highway activities with local authorities and back office staff ensuring appropriate Notices and traffic management are in place.
- Recording of Day to Day productivity, through onsite measuring of all construction works onsite.
- Maintain and amend as-built records
- Deal with day to day issues and problem solving regarding onsite activities.
- Liaise with the local authorities and the general public with regards to works onsite.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible to ensure van audits, onsite audits carried out.
- Deal with tool box talks, QA memos, liaise with clients Quality auditors
- Provide technical support to include onsite planning.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Effective Leadership and communication skills.
- Self motivated, able to motivate others effectively
- Good Managerial skills
- Results orientated
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Accepts and stimulates change within working environment
- Strong skills in client management, planning, logistics, resource management and commercial controls
- Minimum three years' experience working within the Utilities industry preferably at a supervisor or manager level
- Must have NRSWA Accreditation
- Good working Knowledge of work management systems and windows packages-(XP/Excel/Word)
- Financial awareness
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations
- Able to work with complex technical drawings
- Experience in surveying and detecting underground apparatus
- Some prior Telecommunication Knowledge an advantage, especially in underground Cabling
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.