IBP are currently recruiting for an experienced Planner for a Network Build. The ideal candidate will support the effective planning and design of a telecoms network throughout the UK.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding business and work on projects for the leading telecoms companies in the UK.
This is a permanent position with salary, benefits and also a monthly bonus's based on performance.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and prioritisation of Civils and Cable planning work activities
- Progress reporting on planning work activities
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Owning, executing and delivering planning and design requirements for key customer projects supporting new development opportunities
- Creation of detailed job pack for build - including detailed design, cabinet siting and understanding of cost savings against physical specifications.
- Good understanding of requirements for creation of build job packs - including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc
- Augmenting existing plans with legacy equipment, to include/feed new network extensions utilising the latest equipment and using the latest design specifications.
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances through our project team
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of Civils & Cabling within a telecommunications arena
- Planning knowledge of homes & Business across legacy and current Cable/Telco access network topologies
- Proven track record of planning successful projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate
- Previous use of GIS systems would be useful
- Effective customer and stakeholder management, including regular project updates clarifying project status as appropriate
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
- Able to support and input into workflow processes and associated documentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a 'can do' attitude
- An awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.