IBP are recruiting for an experienced Network Supervisor (Civils) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the Telecommunications or Utilities industry.
The ideal candidate will have Supervised / Managed operational Construction teams previously. You will be responsible for the onsite supervision of teams in line with contract performance and quality standards.
Liaising with the regional manager and client representative’s you are responsible to ensure all processes are followed to ensure work packages are handed over within the agreed customer SLA.
This role would suit an experienced highways inspector or Construction Agent experienced in Utility Civil engineering.
Please note: Only applicants in the Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas will be considered.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Supervision of Onsite Engineering staff.
- Co-ordinate with Sub Contractor and Company own resources to ensure delivery of required daily productivity.
- Monitor the quality performance of works and adherence to Customer and HAUC Specifications.
- Coordinate all Highway activities with local authorities and back office staff ensuring appropriate Notices and traffic management are in place.
- Recording of Day to Day productivity, through onsite measuring of all construction works onsite.
- Maintain and amend as-built records
- Deal with day to day issues and problem solving regarding onsite activities.
- Liaise with the local authorities and the general public with regards to works onsite.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible to ensure van audits, onsite audits carried out.
- Deal with tool box talks, QA memos, liaise with company Quality auditors
- Provide technical support to include onsite planning.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Strong skills in client management, planning, logistics, resource management and commercial controls.
- Minimum 3 years’ of industry experience.
- Must have NRSWA / CSCS Accreditation
- Good working Knowledge of work management systems and windows (Excel/Word)
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations.
- Able to work with complex technical drawings
- Experience in surveying and detecting underground apparatus.
- Some prior Telecommunication Knowledge an advantage, especially in underground Cabling.
- Effective Leadership and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to motivate others effectively
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and furture roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not do hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.