We have a great opportunity a Network Cabling Engineer, based in Wales (ideally along the M4 corridor). Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in cabling & sub-ducting Network Trunk routes.
Working on the Virgin Media network with an Installation or service background would be preferred, but not essential. Full training will be given.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Test, rodding and roping of underground ducts
- Installation of cables, sub duct and Blown fibre tubing into ducts/cabs/premises
- Fibre blowing, on both the local and trunk networks (fibres 288, 144, 48, 24, 12,)
- Network testing of all micro ducting within the fibre to the home premise.
- Complete and submit all necessary documentation.
- Deal with day to day issues and problem solving.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environmental policies.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience working within the Telecommunications industry.
- Network Activations experience
- Able to meet strict quality standards.
- Results orientated.
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Good communication skills
- Full UK driving licence.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles we may have.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.