We are currently recruiting for a NEC4 Commercial Manager (Quantity Surveyor). Reporting to the Director, you will work alongside the operational teams to provide support and guidance on all matters associated with the NEC4 contract. Ensuring compliance with the contract terms, profitability, general management and accurate reporting at all times.
You will be responsible for managing all the costs relating to our engineering and New Development schemes. You will provide commercial support E2E from inception of projects to project closure. You will work to lower the costs of the projects and enhance value for money while making current programmes meet all legal and Quality Assurance requirements and regulations.
To hit the ground running, you will need to be experienced in NEC3/NEC4 forms of construction contracts on infrastructure projects. You'll need to have a good understanding of Commercial Estimating and Benchmarking alongside experience of negotiating and resolving project issues.
The ideal candidate will have a mind for figures, a can-do attitude and brilliant commercial acumen!
For the right person this will be a great opportunity to showcase your skills on one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Ownership of all matters relating to NEC4 Contract Management
- Provide both upwards & downwards guidance
- Attend monthly contractual meetings with the client
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the operational team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Training and development of the Assistant Quantity Surveying team
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for the company.
- Preparation of/assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works and compensation events.
- Working with the operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's.
- Ensure that the operational team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to project variances.
- Ensure that the companies commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Preparation of monthly management, stock and financial performance reports.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BSc equivalent
- Chartered status, or working towards
- NEC4 contractual expert, with a proven track record of success
- Ideally have an in depth knowledge of civil engineering (telecoms sector)
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven 'can do' attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple forms of contract and methods of measurement
- Have a Utility or Telecommunication background
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.