IBP are currently recruiting for an experienced Body shop MET fitter/stripper to work within our client's busy prestige body shop just outside Croydon.
Candidates would need to have strong experience in accident repairs and preferably ATA but not essential.
The day to day role will include removing and refitting components, advising of supplementary work required, draining and refilling cooling and air-con systems, wheel alignments, mechanical and glazing. (training will be provided for systems and tools not used before)
The successful candidate will be part of our highly experienced and friendly team, who work well under pressure and support the success of the company.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- System check the vehicle before strip to determine faults on the vehicle
- Strip the vehicle in line with the job card and carry out wheel alignment if required
- Advise on any extra work or parts required on strip to help with bonus and flow through the workshop and stopping delays on refit
- Storing and labelling parts correctly
- Refit the vehicle in line with the job card
- Carry out checks of electrical components fitted and carry out road test if required
- Complete the QC sheet and clock the time on the management system
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Must be able to achieve targets set while maintaining a high level of workmanship.
- Full UK driving licence required.
- Experience as a MET fitter/stripper
- A can-do attitude
The company would fund keeping ATA and NVQ qualifications up to date,
also fund and enrol candidate to become a senior VWG technician
Company workplace pension scheme available and 28 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.