IBP Recruitment are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Oxfordshire area for our client, who are a precision Engineering company.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques: Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck Management, SMED, 5S + 1 & internal/external auditing processes.
- Proactively investigate, define, propose and deliver 'Continuous Improvements' related to all manufacturing & office processes.
- Provide continuous assessment, and implementation (where possible) of the latest manufacturing practices to support the progress of the company.
- Be operationally aware of process waste and actively seek solutions with relationship to cost saving projects.
- Define manufacturing and assembly processes of internally manufactured products and, where applicable, the associated external supply chain supply processes.
- Provide support for the concept, design, manufacture and implementation of jigs, fixtures and tooling.
- Assist in new product introduction & all associated processes and delivery targets, to include: SOP & work instructions, & operational procedures awareness.
- Produce process routings to meet customer specifications working closely with planning & production.
- Management of Production System(s) (Process SOPs, CNC Programmes) to ensure integrity is maintained.
- Maintain a suitable level of network capability with support teams (Planning, Production, and Quality) to ensure that operational support is given and project goals are met.
- Organising and recording the service and maintenance for all plant (TPM)
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques: Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck Management, SMED, 6S & internal/external auditing processes.
- Must have a "hands on approach" and run continuous improvement projects in tandem.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Analytical and creative thinker. This means you can operate on your own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines.
- Strong work ethic
- Team player and ability to influence
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.