IBP are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Hardware Engineer to join a dynamic hardware engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years commercial experience, together with a 'can do' attitude.
Recent graduates would be considered for the position too.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Participation in Full Lifecycle Hardware development of core product set to include Telematics & Camera systems
- To work with and under the guidance of a senior member of the hardware team
- Participation in regular Team meetings & peer reviews
- Ensure designs meet performance / cost targets
- Prepare / review design documentation
- Support prototype / trial builds
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Degree Level Qualification in Electronics.
- Commercial experience in electronic design gained via an industry placement year
- Experience of tools for schematic capture, PCB layout etc.
- Understanding of developing for EMC compliance
- Understanding of reliability engineering / design for manufacture
- Competent user of lab equipment such as; multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, soldering iron etc
- Well organised and capable of prioritising workload
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience or exposure to ORCAD / Cadence CAD systems
- Demonstrable interest in electronics projects & technology
- To comply with company H&S policy and procedures
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.