The IT System & Solutions Specialist is responsible for the technical installation of specialised software / hardware and ViLink systems and their connectivity with third party systems for FMLA solutions with customers throughout the UK and Europe. The scope of connected equipment will include all instruments and software within the FMLA family.
You will have report directly to the FMLA Solutions Manager, while working closely with the FMLA team members, Application Specialists and Service Engineers.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Consult with clients on system context, hardware & network configurations topics.
- Manage client & other vendors communication regarding connectivity.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain hardware and software on client site (or remotely) including the interfaces.
- Liaise with LIMS providers and work with vendor and customer IT personnel to establish interface and network connections between systems and LIMS systems.
- Provide customer training to enable client self-sufficiency and participate in training for company personnel as required.
- Provide high level technical support related to the company's hardware and software systems.
- Working to strict KPI's
- The position will be based in the UK with the need for extensive travel including travel to Head Office facility, with an expectation that the individual will spend up to 30% of working time travelling outside the UK.
- The position will also provide out of hours support.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Sciences.
- Expertise on Laboratory/Hospital Workflow (sample / information), information management software, LIS/HIS connection, network, IT security.
- Experience and knowledge of laboratory workflow would be an asset
- Customer oriented.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of following is essential:
- RS232 interfaces & communication
- Connectivity systems hardware & software (server, operating systems, Windows 2008 server, VMWare or alternative virtualization software)
- Database management (SQL, Setting)
- Healthcare messaging protocols (BCI, ASTM and HL7).
- Ability to travel to client sites as required with significant potential for travel to provide support in Europe on request.
Great Company package to include the following:
- Pension scheme
- Bonus based on performance
- Company Car
- Group Protection Income
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance (after 6 months service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Shopping discount programme
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.