IBP are delighted to be recruiting a HSEQ Manager to join an ever-growing team based in the East Midlands region. This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking company that maintain strong Health & Safety standards as well as offering exceptional development opportunities. The role of the HSEQ Manager is to provide professional advice and implement HSEQ management systems and processes by working with the operational teams to understand and overcome the challenges they face.
In addition to this the HSEQ Manager will monitor and review the performance of the region to ensure that processes are successfully implemented to ensure that the business meets its legal and moral commitments regarding quality, the environment and the safety, health and wellbeing of our teams and those who work with us.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Delivering accurate and effective HSEQ information & guidance to Directors and Senior Managers
- Provide detailed advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on CDM regulations, compliance as well as environmental issues.
- Ability to analysis reports and provide root cause analysis to aid any relevant coaching and feedback.
- Attending project performance and customer meetings as the HSEQ subject matter expert
- Lead and support with audits by internal and external bodies.
- Assist with the compilation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements etc.
- Involvement in new starter induction training and ongoing training needs for all employees.
- Drive the positive intervention reporting initiative and encourage near miss, positive intervention, and non-conformance reporting, including the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Engage staff and contractors on HSEQ performance on a day-to-day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets, ensuring any poor practise is challenged.
- Undertake audits of depots and on-site activities, including out of hours if required.
- Taking the lead on incident investigations from root cause analysis to close out actions; providing reports to all interested parties, ensuring that learning points are fed into HSEQ directorate for continued improvement of policy, standards etc.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractor’s management systems.
- Support local managers on the contact with HSEQ regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries
- Actively promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Supporting the commercial team with tender completions and PQQs
- Deputising for the Senior Management Team, as required
- Engender and operate in a culture of zero harm.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and/or Environmental Certificate
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely
- Telecoms (FTTP, PIA, Pre-enablement) experience
- General construction environmental awareness
- General Utilities quality awareness (Excavation, Reinstatement, Duct Installation etc.)
- NRSWA Supervisor card
- Incident investigation and report writing
- Compilation of RAM’s (Risk Assessments & Method Statements)
- Be IT literate with good presentation skills.
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.