IBP Recruitment have an exciting new vacancy for an experienced HSEQ Advisor based in the West Midlands area.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic HSEQ team and help provide management support, advice and information necessary for the Civils & Cabling Operations Team to deliver their services in a continually improving, safe environment.
You will also add value to the Operations Team through sound advice and engagement. Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and quality in order to become a multi-skilled member of the HSEQ & Operations Team.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking company who are offering a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the Operations Team with the completion of risk assessments, method statements and construction phase plans.
- Implement and maintain a strong auditing culture, backed with data and regular reviews.
- Help the Operations Teams to identify the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
- A strong understanding of sub-contractor management.
- Highlight areas of strength and best practice so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them.
- Assist and support Projects to improve HSEQ performance.
- Undertake investigations of incidents and participate in complex investigations, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ownership of training for management & operatives, ensuring compliance.
- Take ownership of company procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements.
- Health & Safety Management Experience
- Quality & Assurance management systems.
- NEBOSH Certificate Qualified
- Experience of auditing to BSI: 9001 & 18001
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, suitable for clients, sub-contractors & our workforce.
- An understanding of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes-conflicting priorities of the management team.
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are met.
- The ability to adapt their ideas and approach to suit changing priorities or solutions.
- The ability to work within a team and influence others.
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause.
- Able to undertake audits
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.