My client is a 500 year old coach house, formally a court house and town prison, home to the most dastardly criminals and highwaymen in the area.
Now however it offers a warm and welcoming traditional charm to locals and guests passing through, whether they are dinning from the fine and varied menu, staying over in one of the 9 elegant rooms available or simple sampling a selection of their real ales or fine wines.
Due to continued growth and development and a newly refurbished function room they are now looking for a dynamic and passionate Head Chef to join their capable and efficient team in the kitchen.
As the Head Chef you will be initially part of a team of four, but as the business continues to grow so will your team. You will prepare food from fresh, supplied by quality suppliers so a background in a similar environment will be in your favour.
You will be responsible for:
- Food safety management and planning
- Working to and exceeding the standards set by the pub
- Attaining budgeted gross profit percentage (GP%)
- Developing and working on new menus with the manager and area development chef.
- Training and mentoring new and junior members of the team.
- Ordering and maintaining your stock effectively
In return, you will:
- Be a key part of a small yet close team
- Have the ability to add qualifications to your CV
- Have full and ongoing support from the area development chef
- Be involved with the creation of seasonal menus and dishes
- Have a very competitive salary plus quarterly bonus scheme
Please note that this is not a live-in position and you will need your own transport to get to the pub as there are no public transport links.