Brand New Care Home in Kent
For the last 20 years my client has been managing over 20 care homes across England. They are committed to providing the highest standards of care to their residents and also understand that their staff are the foundation of providing the best care for their residents and visiting families.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Head Chef to provide first class food to their residents at this brand new Residential Care Home.
The Head Chef is a new role within the home, reporting to the Registered Home Manager. You will be responsible for planning, organising and ensuring the preparation of fresh food dishes that reflect the preferences and dietary requirements of each resident. In addition, you will also be required to assist the Home Manager in the monitoring of costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of driving food standards, quality and consistency combined with a genuine interest in the residents we support. Relevant food hygiene and food preparation qualifications are essential, and you will also need to demonstrate the ability to effectively lead the catering team.
This is an excellent opportunity to showcase a creative flair and nutritional understanding in menu design whilst managing all aspects of the kitchen.
Purpose of Position
- To prepare, cook and serve nutritionally balanced and attractively presented meals within a controlled hygienic environment.
- To supervise all staff working in the kitchen area or dining room.
- To ensure all purchases are controlled within a specified budget
- Draw up varied menus which incorporate choice, are balanced and which are suitable to special diets, such as low fat, diabetic or those as a result of religious beliefs.
- Ensure that seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables are used whenever possible.
- Cater for special occasions within the home
- Control stocks and purchases thereby allocating the quantity of materials.
- Keep the purchase of materials within allocated budgets
- Prepare, cook and serve meals. Clear and wash up with the assistance of other staff.
- Ensure that the kitchen hygiene and safety rules are observed by all staff.
- Ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use and at the end of each shift leave the kitchen in a clean and hygienic state.
- Ensure that fridge / freezer and food temperatures are tested and recorded daily
- Ensure that all kitchen staff operate within the requirements of current legislation.
- Maintain the kitchen equipment as specified by respective manufacturers
- Supervise and help train junior or inexperienced staff in catering duties.
- Attend discussions/meetings/trainings organised by the home and/or Head Office.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package plus onsite parking and discount packages