This characterful hotel in a handsome 16th-century black-and-white coaching inn is just off the high street. The extensive menu on offer, supports local food growers where possible. The traditional comfort and service with great food, wines and heritage casks ales makes this establishment a very unique hotel.
My client believes in developing people to be even better at what they do, so you will benefit from relevant on-the-job training as well as the opportunity to undertake training that can lead to recognised qualifications. If you prove yourself, you will also have the opportunity for career progression. We require someone who will ensure optimum profitability through delivering high food standards, while adhering to the company processes & procedures, to create a positive experience for all our customers. You will also be responsible for leading and training the team to always offer excellence in a competitive area.
As a Head Chef of this exciting role, you will:
· Lead the kitchen in delivering an outstanding level of service
· Manage budgets and GP in keeping with the set targets
· Ensure the highest level of compliance regarding Health & Safety regulations
· Develop, drive and inspire the kitchen team
· Manage and maintain an excellent stock control and wastage records
Flexibility regarding working days and hours is a key requirement.