IBP Recruitment are recruiting for a Head Chef to join to join our clients team based in Gloucester.
Our clients passion is excellent food and we expect our Head Chef to share this passion. Are you looking for a company to grow with? Our client has a fantastic food trade and have 95% fresh menu. The successful candidate can bring in his own flare of design and creativeness to our menus, but also keep the charm of the clients traditional Pub.
As the Head Chef you will work closely with the owners and your team to ensure that the day to day running of the Kitchen is met and that the standards set are achieved.
You must be also able to work and develop your team and be able to spot potential in a young chef.
Our client also has a great function, weddings and other celebrations trade, you must have experience in this and be able to organise the team to be able to cope with both sides running at the same time in busy periods.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Developing new products regularly and working with the Management Team for ongoing menu selection.
- Managing stock control, portion sizes and quality
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining standards in quality of food produced, food storage, stock control, food hygiene, staffing and wastage control.
- Maintaining our high level of food safety & hygiene which is essential
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Head Chef/ leisure resort or restaurant.
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and all members of staff.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
- You need to be very hands on and be passionate about food in every way.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.