IBP Recruitment are currently looking to recruit FTTP Supervisor to work on our clients SEP Telecom Contract in Cambridgeshire.
As the FTTP Supervisor you will be part of the Delivery team who are responsible for end to end delivery of FTTP (fibre to the premise) build programme. The successful applicant would need to be from a strong flex / fibre background, preferably with Openreach network experience.
As the Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing operational teams - flex & civils
- Carry out initial site survey of route
- In the field problem solving / prove alternative solutions
- Ensure that correct drawings are available in job packs
- Liaise with various local authorities to discuss works and streetwork / permit requirements
- Schedule work for fibre delivery teams, splicers and testers.
- Compile as-laid drawing for new assets
- Support the day-to-day operations, providing operational support and quality audits
- Briefing operatives on method statements, risk assessments and daily tasks
- Work with planning team to plan works
- Meeting with client representatives to build a solid working relationship and agree timescales for projects
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure swift technical problem resolution in the field
- Providing support and guidance to operatives; ensuring quality or work, procedures and methods of working are understood and adhered to
- Attend site meetings with customer, councils etc. as required
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in Utility Works / Highways works.
- Experienced in FTTP build - Fibre cable installation / splicing / testing.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products - word, excel etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to produce reports / daily diaries, recording measures of works installed
- Able to conduct H&S / quality audits, managing HSEQ on site
- Hold a minimum of NRSWA Supervisors - Excavation, reinstatement, SLG - at least 12 months validity remaining, SSSTS (or SMSTS), Manual Handling and First Aid at Work certifications
- Problem solver, able to suggest design changes.
- Able to manage Fibre and civils labour sub-contract resources.
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor
- An understanding of permit to work Schemes and FPN's
- Ability to understand client's quality requirements
- Minimum of 2-years relevant experience at Fibre middle management level in the Telecoms industry