IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for our a small but highly successful law firm client, based in Bristol, specialising in employment law, HR consultancy and associated services.
Our client has swiftly risen to be the leading specialist firm in our field in the South West and South Wales, recently being awarded Legal 500 UK Regional Law Firm of the Year. My client is looking for a Part Time Finance Officer, to complement the ever-growing office.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Working with the company's internal and consultancy teams to provide financial expertise to deal effectively and efficiently with the day to day processing of:
- The company's accounting records, purchase ledger and banking in accordance with financial procedures and regulations
- The company's client population, both existing and new to the business through day to day queries, documentation development and financial analysis
- Provision of regular reports and financial analyses to the Practice Manager and Director
- In doing all of the above, to seek to control costs in order to ensure the company achieves value for money in all its transactions and negotiations.
- Additionally there are some general administrative and client-facing responsibilities from time to time and a share of answering telephone calls, including enquiries from potential new clients.
- To control and operate the company's day to day books, operating the purchase and nominal ledger and petty cash systems using the company's accounting package.
- Credit control: ensuring that all invoices are processed and paid promptly.
- Record and bank all income received on a regular basis and to file all remittance advices and records.
- Monthly control of invoices, reconciliation of supplier statements and income.
- To carry out bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the company accountant.
- Responsibility for the company's VAT return.
- Ensure that payments are made to the company's suppliers in an accurate and timely manner, and within required timescales.
- To undertake checks associated with the opening of client matters, e.g. Money Laundering & Credit checks.
- Cost control and maintenance of relationships with suppliers.
- As a member of the Admin & Finance Team, you will also be expected to assist in general office administrative tasks as and when required, such as:
- Supporting client administration, providing new clients with appropriate paperwork and opening electronic files.
- To participate in the telephone reception for the company - including a share in taking enquires from potential new clients.
- General administration tasks as and when required e.g. filing, preparation for seminars and employment tribunal hearings etc.
- This job description sets out the main duties of the role and does not describe in detail all tasks required to be carried out.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Proven track record in similar position
- To possess at least 2 year's recent experience of working with accounts packages (purchase and nominal ledger)
- To have obtained/be studying towards AAT, or have the relevant work experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Accurate processing of material and data with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm with a positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Well presented, articulate candidate able to communicate with professional client
- Calm, professional and personable manner
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.