IBP Recruitment are recruiting for a Group Finance Director for our client based in Abingdon. As Group Finance Director you will direct and oversee all of the financial activities, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth. You will be working alongside a highly motivated and skilled team.
Management is very open and accessible and team leaders/managers will assist with any problems. The shop floor is well structured, organised and professional. The business is continuously developing to support and grow with their current and new "World Leader" customer base.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Support the Chairman / MD in the preparation of budgets (zero based and scenario) and financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy, pricing margin, bid modelling.
- Oversee all accounting procedures and systems used by the Group.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the planning process.
- In conjunction with the Chairman / MD, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas.
- Manage and structure the finance team,
- To ensure the Group meets its financial and legal responsibilities
- To produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis.
- To develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- To investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences.
- To perform month end for Accounts Payable, VAT, Fixed Assets and general ledger in the finance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- To prepare the quarterly VAT return.
- Hold monthly meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
- Any other duties as considered necessary as directed by the MD.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant, with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Previous Experience as a Finance Director
- Strong experience in Group Accounting including consolidations and cashflow management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong staff management skills.
- Good Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills with the ability to work with and influence others.
- Excellent IT skills essential including job costing systems and Microsoft Office.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.