IBP Recruitment are recruiting a Finance Co-Ordinator for our clients Commercial Flooring division This well known client has turnover in the region of £10m per annum and provides a full flooring service from screed and underground heating to luxury carpet and wood finishes. Projects range from £250k to £3m over anything from a few weeks to several years.
You will need to manage the process through a comprehensive understanding of the contract timetable regarding valuation submissions, payment notices & payment, retention repayments and final accounts. You will also need to develop a strong relationship with the internal & external QS/Manager of each project. You will be expected to produce monthly aged flooring debt reports by project as well as ongoing cash flow forecasts to help the Financial Director manage the overall company's working capital requirements.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you build up an excellent relationship with the QS on each project both internally and externally as they are critical to the process running smoothly and payments being received on time, so you will be able to communicate effectively in person as well as by telephone and email.
You will have excellent computer skills with a demonstrable understanding of Excel. You will be experienced in developing process and procedures to improve business efficiencies.
You will be working closely with the busy flooring team who have operational responsibilities that often have a higher priority for them than admin and finance concerns so you will need to be understanding of their pressures at the same time as acquiring the information or support you need from them to make sure we hit our timetable deadlines for submission of valuations, variations and ultimately that we receive payments on time.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Mapping the payment process for each new contract with deadlines and actions diarised
- Recording of and follow up on Payment/Payless Notifications
- Logging of any queries/variation issues delaying payment and work with internal flooring team to resolve and resubmit
- Follow up on payment dates and payment promises ensuring payments get received on time as per the contract.
- Produce ongoing cash flow forecasts for FD showing revenue due to be received
- Monthly Flooring Aged Debt Reporting for review with FM within ME reporting timetable.
- Attend & minute debt management meetings with flooring management team
- Manage the retention recovery process
- Support the preparation of the final account process and monitor its progress.
- Set up of new projects on financial systems
- Ad-hoc credit control duties for Finance Manager and FD.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Tenacious when it comes to getting money paid and final accounts agreed
- Process driven
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Organised and accurate
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work unsupervised when needed
- Flexible and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Experience in the construction industry working in an accounts role is must
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.