We have a great opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Design Verification Planner to join a friendly and supportive fast-paced environment, based in Bristol.
You will assist with the validation and planning of client produced route designs, identifying all surface types, meterage, SEDs (Special Engineering Difficulties) and traffic management requirements, together with generating Bill of Quants and job packs for the operation teams in order to facilitate the execution of the works.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following: ,
- Carry out design verification activity, including, but not limited to;
- Walking the route, noting all existing services and obstructions
- Identify SEDs (Special Engineering Difficulties) and appropriate trial hole locations
- Capturing the meterage and surface type of dig location.
- Production of 'fit for purpose' job pack for execution by operations teams
- Ensure work is accurate and completed on time
- Liaise with the operational teams, client representatives, Local authority and 3rd party stakeholders (where necessary), in order to assist with the build programme.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environmental policies
- Production of risk register highlighting all obstructions and SED's
- Production of job pack including photos detailing all work required onsite
- Experience in a similar operational environment within the telecommunications industry would be a definite advantage for this role
- An interest in becoming a technical expert would be an advantage, but a desire to learn is an absolute must
- You'll need to proactively manage your own work, and demonstrate knowledge and confidence when representing the company and client
- Financial awareness would be desirable
- Good awareness of Health & Safety
- NWSWA - Signing, Lighting and Guarding would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Civils experience would be beneficial, but not essential
- Demonstrates effective communication and people interfacing skills
- Hand on approach
- Good understanding of legislation regarding activities in the highway.
- Ability to work in all weathers
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel and PDF.
- Full Driving Licence is essential
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you do not do hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.