IBP Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Delivery Manager based in Newcastle. The Delivery Manager will report to the head of Construction, the ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' proven track record in managing field operational teams in a Telecommunications delivery environment, however, must have very strong Civils back ground as this role will be to deliver Construction based projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the receipt and delivery of all client work orders across a wide geographical area, in the North East Area. Experience working within the telecommunications sector is preferred, however you must have a background in Utility Construction, duct laying, Cabinet builds and good experience of reinstatement and Notices.
This Role is to support the roll out of superfast Broadband and the expansion of our clients Network, you will be responsible for the development of the department and suitable resources to support the delivery of work orders across a number of field activities. To ensure delivery of these works adhering to the required contract performance and quality standards.
Works are primarily in North East (Newcastle/Durham and Northumberland areas)
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of staff
- Project delivery of Construction based projects.
- Monitor the delivery and performance of work orders inline to contract SLA's and Client quality standards.
- Construction Survey and Inspection
- Resource Management, to include Sub contract Teams to meet demand.
- Help Develop required Department Structure.
- Financial control to meet required Margin performance
- Management reporting client and Internal.
- Attend client meetings.
- All Field Operations.
- Liaise with the local authorities (ensure appropriate notices and work programme agreements etc.)
- Ensure the whereabouts of staff tracking them with progress reports
- Adherence to Health & Safety and environmental policies
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Effective Leadership and communication skills.
- Self motivated, able to motivate others effectively
- Good Managerial skills
- Very experienced in Construction and Reinstatement.
- Results orientated
- Back ground in Construction Utility Industry, Extensive knowledge of NRSWA, Notices and Permits
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources
- Accepts and stimulates change within working environment
- Strong skills in client management, planning, logistics, resource management and commercial controls
- Minimum three years experience working within the telecommunications industry at Management level within Telecommunications Sector
- Good working Knowledge of work management systems and windows packages-(XP/Excel/Word)
- Financial awareness
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations
- Program Management
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.